Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips

Saturday 10 December 2011

The holy matrimony that never was!


By Prisca Njarachu

You cannot tell the happiness and eagerness that the bridegroom has when he is ready to meet with his bride. He, in anticipation of having the bride handed to him, sees everything including time to be moving at a slower pace than usual.

Not so long ago, this happened to me. It was early last week when my wedding ceremony was well prepared and everything in place.

Early morning on the D day, my neighbors and the organizing committee arrived at dawn and proceeded with the programme as scheduled. At 10 o’clock they were through with the kitchen affairs, eagerly waiting for the bridegroom to arrive.

Within no time, the groom arrived and so the presiding pastor proceeded with the ceremony where we took our vows and exchanged our rings amidst ululations from the women and cheers from the congregation.
I was glad to be joined with my beloved man and as a sign of joy and love that I felt, I passionately hugged my partner before sealing it with a big kiss.

Suddenly, I felt a big blow on my forehead and before I could comprehend what was going on, I woke up only to find myself in the all familiar environment of my bedroom.

That’s when I came back to my senses and realized it was just a dream. a section of my bed sheet was wet with saliva, I had chewed in the dreams as I ate my wedding cake. Wooh, what a messy dream.

No comments: